Think about what we read in class today in Antigone and voice your opinion about why you think Antigone decided to take a stand against her uncle, King Creon, and support her dead brother, Polyneices.
Antigone is a very strong minded, stubborn girl who isn't going to give into something she doesn't believe in. I belive she sided against her uncle, King Creon, because in her eyes. her brother Polyneices is equal to her other brother Eteocles. She thinks both brothers deserve proper burials and since Eteocles is being given what he deserves, Antigone will risk her life just to give Polyneices the same burial.I admire that Antigone is going to such great lengths for her family. She has a lot of courage that many women wouldn't have had in her day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree and love how you brought in different aspects like how antigone has courage, loyalty, and is different than the women of her time. I also like how you said how Antigone views her brothers as equal.
ReplyDeleteBridget: I like how you state your admiration for Antigone. Well written.
ReplyDelete